Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Penny Pinchers


Are you frugal? It's such an unattractive adjective, but it's pretty important! I pride myself on being thrifty. Almost everything I buy is on sale, purchased with coupons or rewards. I'm not saying I only buy the ugly junk in clearance sections; you have to be willing to hunt, or at least be patient. And it's worth it!

Most clothing usually goes on sale, depending on popularity, goes on sale within a month. It's still in style, seeing as trends are generally seasonal. So don't worry! You're not giving up your fashion for frugality. It just takes some patience.

If you have a smart phone, get the apps for different stores. While it may seem as though these apps would be tempting, they also help you earn points like the Starbucks app, check out weekly deals at Target, or general coupons.

It feels really good to save some money, and in the end, it's pretty easy!

So I want to know...are you thrifty? Do you pinch your pennies? How do you stay on budget? Confession, I always have a hard time sticking to my budget at the grocery store and Gap...

Photo of my (empty) purses via Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. I try to be pretty thrifty/frugal...I hardly ever purchase things full price, and I love cutting coupons. Saving is important, but as I've learned over the last few months, letting loose, spending a little and not worrying can do wonders for your overall well-being :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?