Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What Have You Learned From Your Mom?

Move-in day my Freshman year of college.
Inspired by a wonderful post by Joanna Goddard, I thought I'd share what I've learned from my Mom. She is a really spectacular person, someone I admire most in life. I owe so much to her, and this is what I know. Here are ten things I've learned from my fabulous mother!

1. No matter how tired you are, wash your face every night before you go to bed.

2. Nobody cares if your house is perfect. It shouldn't look like a museum, anyway. It should look like people live there.

3. Chewing your nails is gross, but a near impossible habit to break. (I recently stopped! For good, I think!)

4. There's nothing wrong with being a successful, intelligent woman who still goes gaga over celebrities, reads gossip magazines, and loves a good shopping spree.

5. Clean sheets always make you feel special.

6. Love and hate are very similar, so be careful. Don't waste your passionate energies hating someone, when it's much less tiring (and less dramatic) to simply be indifferent.

7. Family is not determined by blood lines.

8. Wear makeup to enhance your natural beauty; don't use it as a mask, because you are so beautiful already.

9. Men will be stupid sometimes, but that doesn't mean you should give up on all of them.

10. Talk about everything. Especially over coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?