Friday, January 24, 2014

{Friday Challenge}...Surprise Someone


Tonight Abby and I are packing our little bags and leaving town for the weekend. My grandma is turning 99(!!) years old on Sunday, so we're spending the weekend with her to celebrate. But since she knows I'm at school, she thinks only my mom and dad will be visiting. As you get older, especially nearly a century, gifts are kind of pointless. Our birthday gift to her is a surprise weekend. We'll stay up late, play cards, and graze on popcorn just like old times. I've been looking forward to this all week, because I can't wait to see her face when we walk in the door after Mom and Dad. Those moments are the best.

So this weekend (or upcoming week) do something surprising for someone. Perhaps make a tasty brunch so that when your roommate wakes up, there's delicious food and coffee ready to be eaten. Or send flowers to one of your friends at work just to say they're awesome. (I was really receptive to this post on Wit & Delight about women empowering women.) Even if it means that you pay for the coffee of a stranger behind you on one of these freezing days, it's worth it because that surprised look on someone's face is amazing.

Photo by Jessica Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?