Thursday, March 27, 2014

Currently Listening to: G I R L


On this grey, rainy day in Minneapolis, I'm listening to Pharrell Williams' new album, G I R L. It is bright, funky, and is already on my spring/summer playlist. It is definitely reminiscent of Justin Timberlake's first installment of the 20/20 Experience, which makes sense: JT is featured on "Brand New," the second song of the album.

Favorite tracks:

Brand New
It Girl
Lost Queen

Everyone has probably already seen or heard "Happy," so let me convince you that the entire album is just as exuberant. Some are saying it's "conceptual feminist," in which it might be a response to the backlash he got for partnering with Robin Thicke on "Blurred Lines."

What mystery....

Anyway, when I fall in love with an artist, I like to do a lot of research. Do you? If so, check out this interview with Pharrell and GQ for an interesting read and then this article about the making of G I R L!

P.S. I know Pharrell is, like, 40 years old, but he reminds me of an adorable six year old.

Photo via

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?