Friday, December 21, 2012

Home Again, Home Again


After a crazy semester and a week of finals (minus that surprise break!), it feels very nice to be home again. My own bed with flannel sheet, that homey smell you'll never be able to recreate in your apartment, the sound of neighbors shoveling in the morning. No matter how long or short it's been since going home, it's always, always good to be back. And I'm guessing things will stay this way for a very long time. Because that's just the way it is. 

I look forward to fresh coffee in the morning, the quiet residential streets, getting the mail from the slot instead of walking to another building, sitting in the big cushy chair (I'm doing that now), and snacking on cheese, clementines, and summer summersausage until our bellies are full in the evening. And my dear family, of course.

When you think of home, what come to mind?

P.S...I just finished wrapping Christmas gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?