Friday, January 18, 2013

Qatar, Sunny Side Up...


There's been a lot of hoopla over the years about climate change and environmentalism. I think because we live in a country that is highly journalized, and much of America's new seems to be global news, we forget that other countries are having the same discussions. (Before I started my internship, I often forgot what real global news meant.) It's easy to believe that the U.S, Europe, and China are the only ones making big changes, but that's simply not true.

Qatar, an OPEC nation, is investing in solar energy, with the goal of producing 20 percent of their energy from renewable resources within this decade. That's pretty fascinating! They were the highest greenhouse gas emitter per capita, so this promise is both honorable and refreshing. 

Read my entire article, here, on The International!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?