Monday, January 21, 2013

{Weekend Update}...Vacation Farewell


So I'm back in Minnesota. It feels like ages since I've been in the city, and while everything is obviously the same, the streets look so different. Perhaps it's the half-melted snow littering the sidewalks...

For my final weekend home on break, I did lots of family stuff. Very specific, I know. My mom and I hauled ourselves out of bed at 5:30 am (yawn!) to drive to my grandma's house in Marshfield, WI. It was so lovely to see her, and the early morning was well worth it. Following out little ritual, mom and I stopped to grab huge coffees for our drive there-so delicious!

Even though dad was a little under the weather - poor guy - we had much fun chilling at home. It's been so long since our family actually went to the movies, and since it was so freezing, we stayed in and watched To Rome With Love, by Woody Allen. It was fantastic, and now I'm on a Woody-kick. I might watch this tonight with Abby.

How was your weekend? I hope you stayed warm and smiled!

Photo via my Instagram @sarahcarlsonetc

1 comment:

  1. Aw, so sweet of y'all to get up at the crack of dawn (actually, before it!) to go see your grandma. Hope your dad feels better soon, and so glad you had a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?