Friday, May 17, 2013

Do You Work Alone?


Often time when I'm writing, I'm completely alone. During my internship this semester, I found that I was spending hours and hours researching in my bedroom, typing up drafts at a secluded table at Starbucks, or working at my apartment while everyone was at class. While I was extremely productive, it was lonely, and the creativity that I got from being around others vanished! Plus, working in my bed got to be really weird, because it became a place where I worked and slept.

Today I'm going to a "workspaces event" in my hometown. It's being hosted by our local publication Volume One. It's pretty rad, so I'm going to see how it feels to work in an office style. It's a bunch of freelancers, writers, home-office workers coming together to make a hodge-podge office!

Do you prefer to work alone? Are you someone that needs the occasional personal distraction with office buddies? 

Photo via @classickitsch Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?