Friday, June 7, 2013

Bedtime Stories


I'm reading one of the best books right now. Stories: All New Tales, edited by the amazing Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio is a fantastic compilation of wonderful stories. They are short enough to read within one week, and are perfect for reading those 30 minutes before lights out.

My favorites thus far: "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains" by Neil Gaiman, "Blood" by Roddy Doyle, and finally, the awesome "Wildfire in Manhattan" by Joanne Harris. (Beautiful storytelling––I'm interested to read more by her!)

Do you have any good recommendations that are good for night-time reading? Sometimes stories that are creepy are gruesome are simply to anxiety inducing for bedtime; would you agree? I also really enjoy "At the Bay".

Photo via @sarahcarlsonetc Instagram. 

1 comment:

  1. You know, this may sound crazy, but a few years back when I couldn't sleep, I went out and got The Phantom Tollbooth (one of my favorites as a kid) and everyone once in a while if I can't sleep, I'll go read that :) It helps!

    ReplyDelete

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?