Monday, June 10, 2013

Kudos, Disney!


I have to take a moment and express how impressed I am with Disney. I will admit that it can be quite easy to get swept into the protests against sexist stereotypes in the princess tradition, or claim that the Disney franchise isn't around for kids, but for commerce. However, I stumbled across their series A Poem Is... on their website. Each episode is a maximum of about 3 minutes, features acclaimed actors & authors narrating poetry in concert with sweet little animations. One of my favorites is "The Wind on the Hill" by A.A. Milne narrated by Kenneth Branagh. 

How refreshing that a huge franchise is taking the time to introduce poetry to children! So beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?