Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Early Bird

Morning sunrise on New Smyrna Beach

Are you an early riser? Abby and I are pretty similar, but as we get older our daily schedules have changed a little. Perhaps it's because for four consecutive semesters I had an eight a.m. class everyday. Whatever the cause, I like to get up a little earlier than Abby or the rest of the house.

We've talked about working alone, but when you live with other people all the time (Abby and I live together at school, as well as when we come home for the summer. It's pretty much a 24/7 partnership.) there's a desire to spend a few moments by yourself. When the sun is rising, the coffee is brewing, there's a very reals sense of calm. It's soothing.

I like staying up late on occasion just as much as the next person, but I much prefer the refreshing part of the morning. I feel productive, energized, and a little more relaxed. Even those exhausting mornings that you want to stay in bed, getting up just to get the mail and pad around in cozy socks can make you feel a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?