Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pale Nails


It feels as though we are already done with summer, and transitioning into fall! The mornings are very cool, our days don't pass 75 degrees, and I've spotted a few of leaves on the ground! During the summer, I go for fiery shades of pinks and oranges, with the occasional lime green. But fall requires a more subdue palate, refined to deep purples, taupes, and matte navy. Naturally, this slow transition is a mind-bender for me.

My good friend surprised me with a little gift the other day: a bottle from OPI's German Collection (with which I had been unashamedly obsessed.) "My Very First Knockwurst," a beautiful pale, almost flesh tone pink. It's the ultimate summer to autumn color! Pale like a peony, subtle like fall morning.

What are your favorite nail colors? Do you prefer to change the selection seasonally, or do you have a select three or four you constantly rely on?

P. S. Gilded nails; galaxy nails, white nails

Photo via @sarahcarlsonetc Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?