Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Newsroom


Ever since I started my internship, my interest in news has flourished. It's no wonder; I scour news sites, blogs, and watch the nightly news every evening with my roommates. But something I've really gotten into is The Newsroom on HBO for times when I want a little less work. Jeff Daniels is amazing as the lead anchor of a cable news broadcast, and the writing is fantastic. 

The coolest part of the series is that they integrate real news events, like the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the missing Apple iPhone prototype, etc. It's fascinating because the series is set up to look at the events as if they are reporting on them in real time, but there is definitely an influence of hindsight, allowing viewers to be relive and reflect upon past news. 

Also, it's incredible to see how much work it is to put on a news program that is factual, not sensational. Seriously, watch it. Your mind will be happy. I would highly recommend it.

Photos via 1/ 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?